Welcome to the Rice e-Hub in Uganda
This site provides quick access to information related to rice sector development in Uganda.
1. Location of the rice hubs in Uganda
2. Background information on the importance of rice in Uganda
3. News about Doho Rice Hub activities
5. The Ministry of Evironment, Science, Technology and Innovation.
6. National Rice Development Strategy – click here to gain access to the national strategy, the rice profile, the rice map and other news related to the progresss of implementation
7. The entry point for the rice hub activities is the National Agricultural Research Organisation (NARO). The Director General is Dr. Ambrose Agona.The rice hub contact point is Jimmy Lamo of National Agricultural Research Organisation (NARO).
8. There are 6 Rice Research Taskforce active in Uganda as listed below with the focal persons and one Country Administrator for the Web
- Agronomy: David Nanfumba (NARO)
- Breeding: Jimmy Lamo (NARO)
- Gender: Akongo Thelma (NARO)
- Mechanization: Samuel Okurut (NARO)
- Processing and Value Addition: Candia Alphonse (NARL)
- Policy and Economy: Adur Stella (NaCRRI/NARO)
- IKEF/Country Administrator: Ofwono Willy Osinde (NARO/NAADS)